As you progress through the chemical engineering program, you will find that the content of the courses covers issues relevant to today's environment, economy, and the newest technological advances.
Make the most of your time with us and take the opportunity to truly immerse yourself in all that the program and the university have to offer. Everyone here is dedicated to assisting you in reaching your professional goals.
Tips for success
- Take advantage of the resources available within the department, as well as across the University campus. These include academic advising within the department, the Online Writing Lab, the Academic Success Center, scholarship opportunities, and, of course, our expert faculty.
- Get to know your peers, as some of them will develop into colleagues and friends whom you will cherish long after graduation.
- Develop relationships with your faculty members and take advantage of their knowledge and expertise, as some of them will transition into professional mentors whom you will call upon during the course of your career. Request meetings with the faculty to talk about research opportunities.
- Stay informed about the department, college, and the University. Keeping up with current news and events on our sites will help you become connected.
- Get involved. Students who are involved beyond the classroom are more successful academically, develop more friendships and connections, gain personal and professional experience, and involvement looks good on your resume. Join an engineering organization, or see other groups you may be interested in.